Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Proposal Defense

Auch! I am almost there. Today I woke up around 8.30, trying to collect my souls. I had this horrible headache for I went to bed quite late (with the laptop still on beside me, without having the chance to brush my teeth and even clean my face). I just rushed to the bathroom because I knew I had to meet my advisor at 10. But since Kamola was still using the bathroom, I decided to have my cereal breakfast first. Quite silly actually to see myself in the dining table still wearing the same exact jeans and tops from the day before.
I was ready to leave the house around 9 am, but I was running late actually, for I have to pick up mas Alex (I was driving his car, haha!). I was talking to Kamola for a while and so I could only leave the house aroung 9.20.
Oh well, finally, I was in Dr. Kessler's office at around 10-ish, only to find out that he is out to get some coffee with Dr. Bikowski. I hang around at Stephanie and Mike's office, trying to consider whether or not I should apply to the Instructional Technology Department for my PhD.
Alright, some minutes later I found myself sitting in Dr. Kessler's office, talking to my Chair and my committee member, Dawn, about my thesis proposal. Felt so surreal, that me, myself, someone not so bright enough, was able to discuss all these theories and methodologies with two American Professors. Oh well.... suddenly I remembered the path that I have been going though this far. I am so lucky...
After making some changes and giving me some suggestions, Dawn and Greg decided that I should be ready for my defense by this Friday at 2 pm.
Ah, I just hope that I would be able to prepare things well.

Dear Dr Githinji & Dr Bikowski,

We will meet for Renzy's proposal defense this Friday from 2-3 in
Gordy 012.

Thanks,
Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Kessler
Assistant Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning
Department of Linguistics
Director of Language Resource Center
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
http://gregling.net http://ohiou.edu/linguistics/people/Kessler.html
http://ohioenglish.com http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~kessler

0 comments: