Sunday, November 16, 2008

why would we care




“I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference!”

-- Albert Einstein--

why do we always want to know about things? because we care about them. And then my point would lie on the most important question: why do we care?


Sitting on the couch of a nice coffee shop in the corner of Court Street this evening, I was accompanied by my best friend from a small country in Central Asia. We were supposed to discuss some phonemic problems that gave us lots and lots of headache this weekend, but for some reasons, caffeine just couldn't help us stay focus anymore.
And so she began to talk about her country and how bad the politics is. I told her that the same thing also happen in my country. However, we also noticed the same phenomenon how some lucky people (maybe including us) are still somehow blessed to be able to live a proper life in a country that can be seen as chaotic and as troublesome from the perspective of those coming from working class or lower class.
What stunned us was the fact that how sometimes people can be unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) forget how lucky they are and say, " life is good, i don't care as long as I stay good". They can say that the general situation in their countries do not affect them that much, because they can still have the chance to get good food, clothing, houses, etc. But I just wonder, has it ever cross their mind that there are a lot of people suffering right near them.
I remember how I used to be puzzled ( not that I don't feel it anymore, but since I am residing in America now I am a bit lured by the comfort of living in a developed country) that people are sometimes so selfish. Who cares if we can get lots of benefits out of something?

Yeah, who cares? and who cares if you don't know what you should know. But then it shows that you don't know anything because you just don't care.

Facebook is an insanely creative phenomenon among college students around the world. It's good because it keeps you stay in touch and aware about your friends no matter how scattered they are. Nonetheless, it sucks because that would be the first site you will always look at as you open your computer. It is addictive and time consuming
So, why would most of us do that, and be trapped in such a surreal life? i mean, online life? maybe because we care too much of what people are having in their life and we care of what we want to show them from our lives.
I am one of those people. There is this one particular person that I care so much and I just want him/her to notice me. I become so ridiculous that sometimes I change my status and go online only to make sure that he/she knows I exist.
What the hell...Now I come to realize that maybe he/she just don't care and maybe I also will not care if he/she does not care.

Perhaps we only need to be careless to stay focus and not to be distracted by others.

0 comments: