When I decided to go to the keynote address of Aline Fernandez, I knew that I should not expect much from her. Well, her being here has clarified her point of view. Well, what I am trying to say that... I somehow knew that she would be as diplomatic as she could in her way. Anyway, as I listened to her biographical speech, I must admit that it is not easy to be away from a homeland, and in her case, knowing she can never go back again.
Because for me, being here for only 9 months has made me feel somehow empty. There are things that I miss so badly. Not that I don't like to be here. Mmm, life here is good...but you can't just replace what has been attached to you, and what you've been clinging into.
Because for me, being here for only 9 months has made me feel somehow empty. There are things that I miss so badly. Not that I don't like to be here. Mmm, life here is good...but you can't just replace what has been attached to you, and what you've been clinging into.
- I miss listening to adzan every morning and every dusk.
- I miss the smell of the earth just every rain drops. But this warm night of Spring has made up for that.
- I miss driving in the street. I was so mobile that I spent most of time in my car and most of my money for gas ;) anyway, now I spent most of my energy walking and biking. Hey, that's good for environment
- I miss driving my motorcycle or just sitting on the back of the motorcycle.
- I miss waking up in the morning and having cold shower.
- I miss fighting with my sister
- I miss my family. Each and everyone of them! My grandpas and grandma. I even had dream about them yesterday.
- I miss talking on the phone every time.
- I miss watching football game in the middle of the night with Papa.
- I miss my room!my bed, my radio....
- I miss my cat. Oh bello, oh bello, wait for me next year
- I miss bakso a.k.a meatball. Any kind of bakso!
- I miss my students. even when there are sixty of them in each class.
- I miss teaching in one of those gazebo, by the lake of UMM
- I miss my hijab!
- I miss driving to Ryo's house
- I miss shopping in Pasar Besar. Though I hate the smell
- I miss my small but comfortable city of Malang. I miss it so badly I wanna cry
- I miss going to Pasar Krempyeng near my house
- I miss cilok and all the snacks I used to have in UMM, right after I finished teaching
- I miss reading comic together
- I miss celebrating hari raya with my family
- I miss my God
- I miss everything...every single thing... every little feeling of being home.
And if you think that I am being melancholic, well maybe I am!
0 comments:
Post a Comment