As my other trips before, this traveling is part of my spontaneous spirit. I did not really plan to go all the way to this upstate area. But yes, now I am here, enjoying the first weeks of my summer break.
This trip is different than my previous ones, for the weather is mostly nice, hot and humid. I started my two weeks trip by doing a super road trip, ten hours of driving from Athens to New York City. We traveled for about 530 miles, almost the same distance as Anyer and Panarukan. Supposed we took a walk, it's gonna take 127 hours. But of course we drove a car, and took Road 80, the very long and seemed to be never ending highway.
When we reached New Jersey area, our car started to make funny noises. I thought it was because of the different texture of the road, or maybe as an effect of the brakes. That was why we kept on driving with the noises for almost 2 hours in the speed of nearly 80mph. But as the sound was getting louder and louder, we decided to stop at the nearest exit. Turned out that the back tire was loose! I asked for some help from a nearby store. Thanks God that we met a nice guy who was working in a towing company and had such a perfect set for tires, just exactly what we need. He fixed the problem real soon, yet he said that we were crazy to still be driving in such condition!
Well....the hours were worth it when I finally saw the Holland Tunnel. I could smell New York, the vibrant city, home for the American dreams. The city of such memory, place where I said I hated the most for its weather, and yet I kept on coming back for more of its sensations. I knew it somehow...that I would not be my last visit.
Ah, should I say, I love New York? maybe I should.
because simply it's a city which carries my initial...
Begini cara media bertahan
2 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment