Monday, October 12, 2009

First Meeting with my Chair


I met Greg, i mean Dr. Kessler, this afternoon. As I have spent almost all weekend thinking what I would want to focus on my thesis, I just wanted to see him and talked about it. My idea was to do a survey sent to several numbers of edublog writers and have them answer several questions related to my research questions ( particularly about the way language forms are being presented in their blogs).
So I woke up quite early, at around 7.30, the sky was still dark, and the cold just numb me down. However, I was pretty determined to finish up the draft and went to campus as early as possible no matter what.
Oh well, apparently Greg was not in his office, and I had to wait until it was after 2 pm (after the tiring and seem to be never ending Grammar class) to finally meet him. He was pretty surprise that I came with different idea (different than what we talked about before I finally decide to switch my topic). He didn't seem to like my idea, because it was too broad and chances are, there will be a lot of categories of blogs to be put there. He suggested that I focus on one blog only. ah, ah, ah. it means another research and contemplating hours............

0 comments: